YOGA RELEASE AND WAIVER AGREEMENT
Why You’re Reading This Document
Before you begin your first class at our in-person or online studio, we need you to clearly understand the risks of participating in Japanese yoga classes with us.
The purpose of this release and waiver (this “Waiver”) is to:
- Inform you about the activities we’ll be doing together and what the risks of those activities are;
- Have you acknowledge that you are healthy enough to participate in the activities;
- Have you choose to voluntarily participate in the activities with a full understanding of the risks; and
- Release us from any and all liability related to you doing yoga with us.
Please be aware that if you do not sign this Waiver and agree to its terms, then we will not let you participate in our yoga classes.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY, UNDERSTAND FULLY, AND ASK QUESTIONS IF ANYTHING IS UNCLEAR. WE ARE HERE TO SUPPORT YOU. MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THIS WAIVER. BY SIGNING, YOU UNDERSTAND YOU ARE SIGNING AWAY YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL THE TERMS OF THIS WAIVER.
- Parties. We will refer to Karenna Reidy as “Karenna”, “us”, or “we” and we’ll refer to you as “you” or “your.”
- The Activities. You will be participating in yoga classes with Karenna, either in-person or online. We offer all different types of yoga classes in our sessions.
- The classes may involve the following activities (collectively, the “Activities”): flexibility training in the form of yoga positions, body weight exercises, strength exercises, mobility, range of motion exercises, acrobatics, Thai massage, therapeutic flying, partner yoga, breathing, pranayama, meditation exercises, relaxation exercises, and the use of props or other equipment provided by Karenna or either used by yourself at home.
- The constant in all of these classes is that the classes will involve stretching and performing yoga poses. The classes may involve receiving adjustments from instructors if the classes are done in-person.
- In addition to this, Karenna may suggest or offer some natural, herbal and nutritional remedies or recipes for you to try in conjunction with your yoga practice. You understand that using or taking any of these remedies falls under the Activities.
- Inherent Risks. You understand that participating in the Activities has inherent risks, some of which are more obvious than others. Injuries include but are not limited to things like MUSCLE TEARS, MUSCLE STRAINS AND OTHER MUSCULOSKELETAL INJURIES, SPRAINS, BROKEN BONES, CARDIOVASCULAR COMPLICATIONS, DIZZINESS, EXHAUSTION, ALLERGIC REACTION TO FOODS TAKEN OR ALLERGIC REACTIONS TO AILMENTS, DEHYDRATION, AND FAINTING.
- The risks listed above in Section 3 can result in serious harm and injuries that could change your quality of life and, in rare and extreme circumstances, may even result in permanent disability or death. You will progress at your own pace and will listen to your body. If at any point you feel overexertion, pain, or fatigue, you must assume the responsibility of respecting your body and take a rest.
- Affirmation of Health. Before participating in any Activities with Karenna, you agree that you have sought medical advice regarding your ability to safely practice yoga. If you have not sought such advice, you must be certain that your medical and fitness levels are sufficient to participate safely in the Activities. At any point, if you do not feel well during a yoga class, you agree to pause your practice and communicate any problems to our instructors.
- Voluntary Assumption of Risk. You have read this Waiver and understand the risks of participating in the Activities with Karenna. Your signature below and your participation in the classes at Karenna illustrate your voluntary participation and assumption of the risks of doing so.
- Release, Waiver, and Indemnity. YOU HEREBY RELEASE KARENNA REIDY AND HER CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, AGENTS, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, SUCCESSORS, FAMILY MEMBERS, AND ASSIGNS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, FROM ANY LIABILITY AND DAMAGES ARISING FROM PERSONAL INJURIES OR DEATH, HOWEVER CAUSED, INCLUDING OUT OF NEGLIGENCE, DURING YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE ACTIVITIES WITH KARENNA. YOU ARE RELEASING THE RELEASED PARTIES AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU AGREE TO FORFEIT ANY AND ALL FORMS OF LEGAL RECOURSE WHICH MAY BE AVAILABLE TO YOU, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY FORM OF DAMAGES, AS A RESULT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE ACTIVITIES. You agree that these provisions above apply to you, your family, heirs, executors or anyone else who may be able to bring a legal action on your behalf in the future. If Karenna, incurs attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this Waiver, you agree to reimburse Karenna for such fees and costs.
- General Legal Provisions. Jurisdiction. This Waiver will be governed exclusively by Australian laws. Severability. If any provisions of this Waiver are invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions in this Waiver will remain in full force and effect. Entire Agreement. This Waiver constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and replaces any prior agreements, promises, or commitments. This Waiver may not be amended, changed, or altered except by another written agreement. Headings. The headings used in this Waiver are for stylistic purposes only and none of the content in the headings are intended to be legally binding. Electronic Signature. We agree that this Agreement may be signed electronically or agreed to by having you click “I Agree”, the effect of which will be the same as if we signed the Agreement by hand and the intention of which is that both parties desire to be bound by all the terms of the Agreement.
By clicking “I Agree”, you agree that you have read this Waiver and fully understand its contents and you voluntarily agree to be bound to all of its terms. You understand that clicking “I Agree” has the same power as if you signed the Agreement by hand.
Thank you for communicating honestly with us! We look forward to enjoying yoga together.